The 330D2 L OEM comes with a number of new developments and features to help you make the best use of your machine. Isochronous engine speed control, a new fuel filtration system, a built-in economy mode to save up to a 15% fuel consumption and energy. A variable speed fan with viscous clutch makes this machine productive, efficient and safe.
- Standard & Optional Equipment
A world class design combining excellent performance with low fuel consumption and superior reliability.
- Up to a 15% reduction in fuel consumption
- Improves fuel efficiency by managing pump and isochronous engine speed control
- The Cat C7.1 engine meets EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage III emission regulations (for 2015) sound regulations
- Electrical Fuel Priming Pump (EPP) replaces hand priming pump
- Pressure sensor measures Negative Flow Control pressure to improve the hydraulic efficiency
Ease of Operation
- Ergonomically designed cab with easy to operate controls
- Multiple seat and joystick adjustment options enhance comfort
- Excellent work site visibility from the cab enhances productivity
- Optimized low effort joystick controls reduces operator fatigue
- New monitor with 40% larger viewing screen, 4× higher resolution and 42 language options available
- The strong and durable carbody has been designed to work in the toughest operating conditions
- All electrical wires are colored, numbered and protected with thick braiding for ease of identification and long life
- Heavy duty stress-relieved booms and heavy duty sticks are standard
- Grease and Lubricated Tracks (GLT) provides longer life
- New fuel injection system for improved reliability
- The machine has improved filtration efficiency and system robustness
- The machine service interval is 500 hours
- There are two different power modes; High Horse Power (HHP) and ECO Mode. ECO Mode reduces fuel consumption up to 15% with no loss in digging or lifting forces
- Integrated Cat technology solutions increase production and minimize operating costs
- Product Link™ reports key information from the machine to any location
- The 330D2 L machine has a stylish modern look
Built for power, reliability and economy.
Reliable Cat C7.1 Engine
The Cat C7.1 engine has been designed to meet EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage III emission regulations. The C7.1 engine incorporates proven, robust components and precision manufacturing you can count on for reliable and efficient operation. This is a proven engine that boasts improved reliability, as it’s less sensitive to low quality fuel and also delivers reduced fuel consumption. An ECO-Mode feature helps to reduce fuel consumption by up to 15 percent for fuel-conscious customers with no loss in digging or lifting forces.
Automatic Engine Control
Automatic engine control is activated during no-load or light-load conditions which reduces engine speed to minimize fuel consumption.
The radially sealed air filter features a double-layered filter core for more efficient filtration and is located in a compartment behind the cab. A warning is displayed on the monitor when dust accumulates above a preset level.
The C7.1 engine features an improved filtration system to ensure good reliability to fuel injection system components. Intervals have been extended and the number of filters has been increased to 3. The primary filter and the secondary twin filters improve filtration efficiency and machine robustness.
Ergonomically designed to keep you comfortable and productive all day long.
ROPS Certified Operator Station
The 330D2 L features a ROPS (Roll Over Protective Structure) compliant cab structure as standard which meets OSHA and MSHA sound requirements. This design also allows for a Falling Object Guard System (FOGS) or front windshield guard to be bolted directly to the cab, either at the factory or in the field, enabling the machine to meet all job site requirements.
The new monitor features a 40 percent larger screen than the previous model’s and is equipped with a warning lamp and buzzer for critical engine oil pressure, coolant temperature and oil temperature. Programmable in up to 42 languages, the monitor clearly displays critical information including filters and fluid change intervals and the image from the optional rearview camera, enhancing job site productivity and safety.
The suspension seat provides a variety of adjustments to accommodate a wide range of operators. All seats include a reclining back, upper and lower seat slide adjustments, and height and tilt adjustments.
Operators can adjust the right and left joysticks for individual preferences, helping them become more comfortable, more productive, and more alert. Low-effort pilot-operated joystick controls are designed to match your natural wrist and arm position for maximum comfort and minimum fatigue.
The 330D2 L offers positive filtered ventilation with a pressurized cab. Fresh air or recirculated air can be selected, which makes working in the heat and cold much more pleasant.
Cab Structure and Mounts
The cab shell is attached to the frame with viscous rubber cab mounts which dampen vibrations and sound levels while enhancing operator comfort. Thick steel tubing along the bottom perimeter of the cab improves resistance to fatigue and vibration.
Cat hydraulics deliver power and precise control to keep material moving.
Hydraulic system pressure from the two-hydraulic pump system delivers terrific digging performance and productivity.
An independent pilot pump enables smooth, precise control for the front linkage, swing, and travel operations.
Hydraulic Activation Control Lever
With the hydraulic activation lever in the neutral position, all front linkage, swing, and travel functions are isolated.
The hydraulic system and component locations have been designed to provide a high level of system efficiency. The main pumps, control valves, and hydraulic tank are located close together to allow for shorter tubes and lines between components, reducing friction loss and pressure drops.
Hydraulic Cross-Sensing System
The hydraulic cross-sensing system utilizes each of two hydraulic pumps to 100 percent of engine power under all operating conditions. This improves productivity with faster implement speeds and quicker, stronger pivot turns.
Optioinal Undercarriage and Structures
Strong and durable, all you expect from Cat excavators.
The 330D2 L track links are assembled and sealed with grease to decrease internal bushing wear, reduce travel noise and extend service life lowering operating costs.
Carbody Design and Track Roller Frames
X-shaped, box-section carbody provides excellent resistance to torsional bending. Robot-welded track roller frames are press-formed, pentagonal units which deliver exceptional strength and service life.
Rollers and Idlers
Sealed and lubricated track rollers, carrier rollers, and idlers provide excellent service life, to keep the machine in the field longer.
Up to 95% of the structural welds on a Cat Excavator are completed by robots. Robotic welds achieve over three times the penetration of manual welds.
The long undercarriage (L) maximizes stability and lift capacity. This long, wide and sturdy undercarriage offers a very stable work platform.
The 5.9 mt (6.5 t) standard weight makes a better choice for heavy lifting with long undercarriage. Counterweights are bolted directly to the main frame for extra rigidity.
Service and Maintenance
Simplified service and maintenance features save you time and money.
The design and layout of the 330D2 L was made with the service technician in mind. Most service locations are easily accessible at ground level to allow service and maintenance to get completed quickly and efficiently.
Air Filter Compartment
The air filter features a double-element construction for superior cleaning efficiency. When the air cleaner plugs, a warning is displayed on the monitor screen inside the cab.
A service door on the right side of the upper structure allows ground-level access to the pump, pilot filter, engine oil filter and water separator with primary fuel filter.
The left rear service door allows easy access to the engine radiator, oil cooler, air-to-air-aftercooler, water separator, second and third fuel filters, and fuel cooler. A reserve tank and drain cock are attached to the radiator for simplified maintenance.
Conveniently located grease blocks help you get lube in hard-to-reach places, making routine boom, stick, and bucket linkage maintenance quick and easy.
The engine radiator fan is completely enclosed by fine wire mesh, reducing the risk of an accident.
Anti-skid plate covers top of storage box and upper structure to prevent slipping during maintenance.
Diagnostics and Monitoring
The 330D2 L is equipped with S∙O∙SSM ports to easily sample hydraulic and engine oil quality. Test ports are also conveniently located so you can test coolant and hydraulic pressure.
Monitor, manage, and enhance job site operations.
Cat Connect LINK Technologies
LINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. Link data can give you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, helping to take the guesswork out of equipment management. Easy access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface can help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating costs.
Cat Connect DETECT Technologies
DETECT technologies combine safety features, functionalities and alerts to enhance your job site awareness and keep your people and assets safe.
Rear vision cameras greatly enhance visibility behind the machine, helping the operator work more safely and productively. The camera view is automatically displayed on the integrated in-cab monitor increasing awareness of the working area around the machine giving the operator the confidence to work more safely and efficiently, at maximum potential.
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
Complete Customer Support
Cat dealer services help you operate longer with lower costs.
You can maximize your machines’ uptime with the Cat worldwide dealer network. You can also decrease your repair costs by utilizing Cat remanufactured components while contributing to sustainable development.
What are the job requirements and machine attachments? What production do you need? Your Cat dealer can provide recommendations to help you make the right machine configuration.
You can ensure lower owning and operating costs by utilizing unique Cat dealer services and financing options.
Customer Support Agreements
Cat dealers offer a variety of customer support agreements and work with you to develop a plan to meet your specific needs. These plans can cover the entire machine, including attachments, to help protect your investment.
You can boost your profits by improving your operators’ techniques. Your Cat dealer has videos, literature, and other ideas to help increase productivity. Caterpillar also offers simulators and certified operator training to help maximize the return on your investment.
Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your Cat dealer can help you evaluate the cost involved so you can make the best choice for your business.
Engine Model Cat® C7.1 Net Flywheel Power 209 hp Bore 4.13 in Stroke 5.31 in Displacement 428 in3 Engine Power - ISO 14396 213 hp Hi-Idle Speed 1700 RPM Low-Idle Speed 950 RPM Maximum Altitude (with derate) 16404 ft Maximum Altitude (without derate) 9842 ft Maximum Torque (torque peak) @ 1,400 rpm 663.8 lb ft Net Power - SAE J1349/ISO 9249 209 hp Rated Speed (engine) 1800 RPM Type Direct Injection Operating Weight 51700 lb Maximum Operating Weight 66970 lb Minimum Operating Weight *Dependent on application, Review Maximum Drawbar Pull 55752.6 lb Maximum Travel Speed 3.4 mph Pilot System - Maximum Flow 6.1 gal/min Pilot System - Maximum Pressure 568.6 psi Main System - Maximum Flow (each) at operation (1,700 rpm) 240 × 2 (480 total) L/min [63.4 × 2 (126.8 total) gal/min] Main System - Maximum Flow at travel H/L (1,800 rpm) 254 × 2 (508 total) L/min [67.1 × 2 (134.2 total) gal/min] Main System - Maximum Flow at travel L/L (1,750 rpm) 247 × 2 (494 total) L/min [65.2 × 2 (130.4 total) gal/min] Maximum Pressure - Equipment 5076.4 psi Maximum Pressure - Swing 3982.7 psi Maximum Pressure - Travel 5076.4 psi Swing System - Maximum Flow 63.4 gal/min Fuel Tank Capacity 137.4 gal Cooling System 8.2 gal Engine Oil 5.8 gal Swing Drive 2.6 gal Final Drive (each) 1.6 gal Hydraulic System (including tank) 81.9 gal Hydraulic Tank 67.9 gal Swing Speed 9.6 RPM Swing Torque 60627.6 lb ft
- C7.1 electronic control engine
- Meets EU Stage III and EPA Tier 3 emission regulations
- 3000 m (9,842 ft) altitude capability without derating (Maximum 5000 m [16,404 ft] with derate from 3000 m [9,842 ft])
- Radial seal air filters (primary and secondary filter)
- Glow plugs
- Automatic engine speed control with one touch low idle
- High ambient cooling package 52° C (126° F)
- Starting kit, cold weather, less than –32° C (–26° F)
- Water separator with water level indicator sensor
- Radiator and oil cooler side by side with enough space for cleaning
- Two speed travel
- Electric (priming) pump
- Power modes (Eco and High Power)
- Variable fan with viscous clutch
- New fuel filtration system (primary ×1, twin main ×2)
- B20 biodiesel fuel capability
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- Automatic swing parking brake
- High performance hydraulic return filters
- Hydraulic main pump
- Universal seal used in cylinders
- Fine swing control
- Cat bio-oil capability
- Capability of installing additional valves, pumps, circuits
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve*
- Reverse swing damping valve*
- Boom drift reducing valve*
- Stick drift reducing valve*
- Pressurized cab
- Mechanical or air suspension seat
- Positive filtered ventilation
- Adjustable armrest
- Seat belt, retractable (51 mm [2 in] or 76 mm [3 in] width)
- 70/30 split front windshield
- Laminated upper front windshield and tempered other windows
- Sliding upper door window
- Openable front windshield with assist device
- Openable roof hatch
- Removable lower windshield, within cab storage bracket
- Pillar mounted upper windshield wiper and washer
- Bi-level air conditioner (automatic) with defroster (pressurized function)
- Full color and full graphic LCD display with warning, filter/fluid change, and working hour information
- Control lever joysticks, seat integrated
- Neutral lever (lock out) for all controls
- Travel control pedals with removable hand levers
- Two stereo speakers
- Radio mounting
- Beverage holder
- Coat hook
- Interior lighting
- Ashtray and lighter
- Rear window, emergency exit
- Capability to install two additional pedals
- Bolt-on FOGS (Falling Objects Guarding System) capability
- Idler and center section track guiding guards
- Towing eyes on base frame
- Grease lubricated track GLT2, resin
- Batteries (2 – 900 CCA)
- Capability to connect a beacon
- Working light, storage box mounted
- Interior lighting
- SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Cat one key security system
- Door and compartment locks
- Signaling/warning horn
- Rearview mirrors
- Rearview camera ready
- Fire wall between engine and pump compartment
- Emergency engine shutoff switch
- Rear window, emergency exit
- Battery disconnect switch
- Cap locks on fuel and hydraulic tanks
- Lockable tool box
- 5860 kg (12,920 lb) counterweight
- Product Link
- HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
- Tool control system
- Hammer circuit, foot pedal operated
- Two way combined circuit, foot pedal operated
- Two way combined circuit, joystick modulation operated
- Two way combined circuit with medium pressure, joystick modulation operated
- Heavy lift mode
- Boom lowering control device
- 12V-10A power supply
- Sun screen
- Radio 12V and 24V
- Travel alarm
- Falling Objects Guarding System (FOGS)
- Rearview camera and mirrors
- Control pattern quick-changer
- UNDERCARRIAGE AND GUARDS
- Standard undercarriage and long undercarriage
- 600 mm (24 in) double grouser shoes
- 600 mm (24 in) triple grouser shoes
- 800 mm (31 in) triple grouser shoes
- Segmented track guiding guard (two pieces)
- Full length track guiding guard
- Swing frame with bumper capability: – (HD) bottom – (HD) travel motor – Swivel guard
- Cab mounted working lights