G Series represents a new era for the 773, and with your long-term success as our goal, we’ve developed this truck to be more productive and economical. It offers your operators the confidence, comfort and control to run at peak efficiency, and it can feed your crushers and haul material at a lower cost per ton. When you also consider its performance and fuel efficiency, the 773G is the right truck for our generation.
- Standard & Optional Equipment
Machine Information and Monitoring
Lowering your cost per ton with vital fleet information
Your G Series truck has the ability to communicate (and receive) valuable information. Information that can lead you to producing at a lower cost per ton.
The instrument cluster is used primarily by the operator for quick and simple machine information at a glance. This display also warns the operator with solid lights (Category 1 Warnings) or flashing lights (Category 2 or 3 Warnings) as well as an audible alarm when an event is occurring.
Cat Advisor Display
The Advisor Display has five menus: 1. Operator: allows 10 people to set up individual profiles and preferences. 2. Monitor: displays four parameters per screen including Payload – there are three sections, Payload State; Payload and Target. Payload State – will display “Loading”; “Last Pass” or “Loaded.” Payload – displays the calculated payload weight, weight is taken twice to confirm. Target – displays the target payload. 3. Service: diagnostics including events, data logger, parameters, calibrations and more. 4. Settings: set specific targets for autolube intervals, speed limit and more. 5. Service Mode: a portal to password protected parameters.
Vital Information Management System (VIMS™) is the hardware and software behind the machine information and payload tracking that comes through the Advisor display on your 773G truck. VIMS is standard, and like the Truck Production Management System, can greatly improve your ability to manage your fleet efficiency, machine production and provide operators with vital machine information.
Truck Production Management System (TPMS)
TPMS – Cat Truck Production Management System will help you get the best return on your truck investment by making sure you’re hauling appropriate payloads with every cycle.
- Indicator side lights show the loader operator when they are on their last pass and when the truck is fully loaded
- TPMS stores 2,400 payload cycles; reports on weights, haul cycle times, distances, with date and time stamps
Ton Kilometer per Hour (TKPH), Ton Mile per Hour (TMPH) Tire Monitoring
This program takes the payload value from TPMS, combines it with ambient air temperature, machine speed and the manufacturer’s TKPH (TMPH) rating for your tires and calculates tire condition continuously. As a tire approaches its temperature limits, the operator gets a warning inside the cab. This Caterpillar exclusive feature is an important tool in your efforts to extend tire life. NOTE: TKPH (TMPH) is a measure of the tire’s temperature limits to prevent reverse vulcanization of the tire and the associated damage.
Cat Product Link
Cat Product Link allows remote monitoring of equipment to improve overall fleet-management effectiveness. Product Link is deeply integrated into machine systems. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink™. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to users and dealers, including mapping, working and idle time, fuel level and more. * Product Link licensing not available in all areas. Please consult your Cat dealer for availability.
The Operator Experience
Best in the industry
- Industry leading access system, with low effort climbing and three points of contact
- Exceptionally smooth machine performance
- A 50% noise reduction from the F Series cab
- Automatic temperature control
- Cat Comfort Seat is Series III with vibration reduction
- Electric window – left side
- New foot rest addition
- Ergonomics that put controls within reach
- New braking performance and design
- Engine braking option for Automatic Retarding Control
- Improved retarder lever ergonomics and activation
- Mirror options including heated and concave
- Seating that adjusts to individual needs with suspension and three point harness
- Seating for trainer or folds up for additional work space
- In-cab fluid level monitoring
- Machine event warnings and messaging
- Emergency egress out right side, hinged window
- Enhanced ROPS/FOPS design in cab structure
- Secondary braking
- Ground level daily checks
- TKPH/TMPH Tire Monitoring System
- Warnings via Advisor display
- Body up speed limited, can be set by customer
- New tread plate design on access system; better traction; sheds material from walkways
Intelligent application of power and technology
The Cat C27 ACERT diesel engine is delivering 5% additional power to the drive train. As a result, new and more robust drive train components, including a larger drive shaft and differential gears have been designed to handle the power.
G Series introduces a new planetary powershift transmission control strategy called APECS. APECS takes the benefits of ECPC (Electronic Clutch Pressure Control) and adds part throttle shifting and torque shift management. The result is exceptionally smooth automotive-type shifting and ride quality. APECS also retains torque and momentum through the shifts; increasing performance on grades. The result is quick starts from a stand still and exceptionally smooth shift and ride quality.
A new Traction Control System is now steering sensitive to differentiate between tire spin or high speed turns. The system now uses the hydraulically applied service brakes (vs. spring applied secondary brakes) allowing it to engage sooner and at lower speeds. G Series TCS modulates power and braking instantaneously between the two wheel groups, allowing a more appropriate response to ground conditions, and returning the truck to solid footing much sooner.
Fuel Saving Strategies
Solutions that support your lowest cost per ton
Fuel Saving Strategies
- Standard Economy Mode – G Series can adjust engine power based on your individual needs. With this feature, fuel savings are achieved by reducing power between 0.15 to 15 percent.
- Adaptive Economy Mode – New for G Series – requires a baseline for production from you. As the truck goes through the haul cycle, it constantly evaluates your baseline against opportunities to reduce power and save fuel. It’s fully automatic with no special operation required.
- Speed Limiting – while you can continue to gear limit your G Series trucks, Caterpillar offers another alternative you can utilize which is the new speed limiting feature. Speed limiting allows the truck to travel in its most fuel efficient gear.
- Auto Neutral Idle – as the 773G waits for the loader or crusher while idling in a forward gear, the transmission will automatically slip into a neutral state to avoid stalling the torque converter and raising engine rpm. As soon as the operator releases the brake or applies throttle, the truck is instantly back in the forward gear.
- Engine Idle Shutdown – when your G Series truck is in park and idles for more than a preset time which is set by the customer, the truck will initiate engine shutdown to conserve fuel. This feature can be time adjusted or turned on or off according to your specific needs.
Designed for years of off-road service
New Brake Design
G Series has increased the number of springs in its brake design. This increases the force available to disengage the brakes ensuring clearances are maintained, reducing wear. A new brake wear indicator can be found on the rear wheels to help you monitor brake life. Extending brake life can also be achieved by choosing the optional Cat Engine Brake. This Caterpillar design works in conjunction with the automatic retarder control (ARC) to slow the machine.
Rear Wheel Steel Spindles
G Series wheel spindles are solid steel and interchangeable from one side to the other extending their useful service life.
Inverted Rear Cylinders
For G Series, Caterpillar has inverted the rear suspension cylinders to better protect the rods, keeping them cleaner for longer durations.
Updated castings, improved bolted joints and a larger rear axle have matched the chassis design with the higher power ratings and performance specifications of the truck.
Application specific designs for industry leading performance
G Series trucks retain the highly productive and reliable Cat C27 ACERT diesel engine.
- With a 5% boost in power, the C27 is delivering higher torque for work.
- With the precision and responsiveness of Cat MEUI™ fuel injectors and electronic controls, the C27 accurately controls fuel, emissions and performance.
- The C27 is carefully balanced with vibration controls that reduce noise and protect against unnecessary wear.
- The C27 is cooled by either a demand fan (standard on Tier 4 Final) or conventional cooling fan.
Planetary Powershift Transmission
With new control strategies, this proven transmission is better than ever. Its new features include gear changes as smooth as an automobile and more torque through the shifts getting the truck up to speed faster and negotiating grades quicker.
Major improvements for air quality using simple to use, reliable solutions
Tier 4 Final Emission Controls
Caterpillar offers a simple and robust U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final passive solution. Other than normal maintenance, this system requires no additional input or intervention by the operator.
Supported by cleaner burning, ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel and low ash oils, Caterpillar uses its engine-mounted NOx Reduction System (NRS) Technology to cool combustion chamber temperatures to control NOx production.
Located on top of the engine are two diesel oxidation catalysts (DOC), one for each exhaust outlet. These diesel oxidation catalysts reduce particulate emissions. Tier 4 Final C27 ACERT engines are equipped with MEUI-C injectors. These injectors offer exceptional fuel atomization for engines running at slower speeds. MEUI-C injectors have an improved fuel shut off response time, saving fuel and reducing emissions. For customers purchasing trucks outside of North America, Caterpillar offers emission controls similar to those used for Tier 2/Stage II regulations.
G Series Body Strategy
Bodies to meet your application and material needs
Caterpillar has made it easier to get the right body for your materials and job site needs. The 773G has Dual Slope and Flat Floor body options. Our base bodies have a 20 mm (0.78 in), 400 BNH steel floor. Adding a steel or rubber liner is optional for those applications when you are working with highly abrasive or high impact materials. Two additional liner packages are available from the factory:
- A 16 mm (0.62 in), 400 BNH steel liner
- A 102 mm (4.01 in) rubber liner
- Sideboards are optional from the factory for the flat floor or dual slope bodies.
- A body heat diverter kit is optional for both dual slope and flat floor bodies
Caterpillar’s 10/10/20 Policy
Caterpillar’s 10/10/20 Payload Guidelines are in place to help you maximize component life and the availability of your truck. Your Cat dealer can further explain the 10/10/20 policy. For optimum body life, Caterpillar recommends that 110% payloads occur no more than 10% of the time and that the average of all loads equal the nominal payload. Payloads in excess of 120% of nominal exceed the truck’s design parameters.
Clean, convenient, time-saving solutions
Due to improved hydraulic system updates which have made the system more efficient, Caterpillar is able to extend hydraulic filter life to 1,000 hours under normal operating conditions. All engine filters are conveniently grouped and easily accessible.
Electrical Service Center
An Electrical Service Center is also at ground level located on the right front bumper of the machine. This service center offers connections to: 1. Master Disconnect Switch 2. Auxiliary Start Receptacle 3. Light 4. VIMS Port 5. ET Port 6. Hydraulics Lockout 7. Engine Lockout 8. Breaker – Engine Control 9. Breaker – Alternator 10. Breaker – Main Electrical
G Series will introduce time-saving service improvements to simplify monitoring and maintaining machine fluid levels, help keep your site clean and reduce your costs associated with service.
Fluid Fill Service Center
A new optional fluid fill service center is located on the right front side of the machine. Technicians can check the level of all machine fluids including:
- Transmission/torque converter hydraulic oil
- Hoist/Brake hydraulic oil
- Diesel fuel
- Engine oil
- Engine coolant
Cab Fluid Level Monitoring
The fluid levels cannot be checked in the cab via the Advisor screen options menu. All the fluids are being monitored but will only indicate to the operator when the level is below a safe operating level.
Brake Wear Indicator
G Series trucks will come equipped from the factory with a simple, time-saving brake wear indicator on the left rear wheel that provides technicians with a visible indicator for rear break wear levels.
The 773G fuel tank is now larger (795 L or 210 gallons), to extend running time. The tank includes two new sight gauges that levels at ¼ full and ¾ full. Note that Tier 4 Final equipped machines require ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel and low ash engine oil.
Air Filter Precleaner
An optional precleaner is available for air filters. This option can significantly extend your filter life and service intervals. Our field follow program machines saw significant benefits to filter life in the G Series machines when compared to the F Series machines at the same site.
Focus on people and resources
Cat trucks offer operators a comfortable, confident ride with safety features that help them stay informed, alert and in control.
- Ground level daily check points
- Excellent visibility using mirrors, optional camera (WAVS) and in cab display
- Solid, stable walking/working platforms with good traction, material shedding, handrails
- Emergency egress from within the cab through a hinged right-side window
- Ground level electrical service box for lockout/tag out, steering system lockout
- Ground level optional fluid fill center with level check keypad
- Secondary steering, engages automatically
- Three levels of braking (service, secondary, engine) red foot pedal for secondary brakes
- ROPS/FOPS structures in cab
- Brake wear indicator
- Three point harness operator seat belt
- Trainer seat with lap belt
- Body up gear limiting
- Haul road speed limiting, setting safe conditions for everyone
- Automatic Retarder Control, smooth predictable performance
- New Traction Control System, returns the truck to solid footing sooner
- In cab fluid level monitoring for operator
- TKPH/TMPH – Tire Monitoring System
- Truck Production Monitoring System (TPMS) providing payload, fuel, segment and cycle time information
- Engine overspeed protection using ARC
- Three levels of warning for parameters outside of their working zones
Sustainability benefits us all
At Caterpillar, sustainable designs have always been a priority. Cat trucks have historically offered industry leading availability, life cycles and parts commonality. Today we offer even more ways to reduce our impact on the environment. With G Series, Caterpillar is pleased to be releasing its first North American Tier 4 Final product – two years prior to the implementation of the regulation. In addition to contributing to better air quality, G Series offers lower operator sound levels and new ways to conserve fuel.
- Fuel conservation features: two fuel economy modes, speed limiting, Auto Neutral Idle, Engine Idle Shutdown, new Traction Control System
- Keeping the site clean with grouped service locations, ecology drains and convenient, optional fluid fill and electrical service centers
- Reducing operator cab noise levels by 50% from previous trucks
- Longer component life for tires using TCS and TKPH/TMPH
- Longer life steel spindles, new brake designs, stronger frame
- Cat Reman parts offer recycling and reuse opportunities with no risk
- Longer service life for hydraulic oil filters (1,000 hrs), and air filters with precleaner installed
- Improved air quality with Tier 4 Final emission controls (for North America) reducing Nox and Particulate Matter by 90% over Tier 3 as well as reduced emissions from fuel conservation
- Parts commonality with other Cat equipment
Long Term Value and Durability
Proven components for reliable performance
The backbone of the 773G is its frame. Our frames are designed for off-road integrity and more than one life cycle. The 773G, with its new power and performance increases, has updated final drive gears and a new rear axle housing to support this new level of work.
- Caterpillar strategically applies castings with box section construction to manage off-road stresses
- A new front frame design increases the approach angle on ramps and grades
- New heavy duty gears compliment the updates in power and torque
- A new robust rear axle housing also supports the truck’s performance
- Front struts use our proven king pin design for effective absorption of haul road shocks
- Rear suspension cylinders have been inverted to minimize contamination
Planetary Powershift Transmission with APECS Controls
New APECS controls improve performance with the following:
- Torque shift management - allows the truck to power through shift points
- Part throttle shifting - provides an exceptionally smooth ride
- ECPC - electronically controls clutch pressures for long life
Cat C27 ACERT
- 5% more power gives the truck new performance levels and quick haul cycles
- Cat MEUI™ injectors provide high pressure, fine atomization under all load conditions for fuel efficiency and responsiveness
- Low pressure fuel lines from the tank to the engine simplify service
- The C27 is carefully balanced with vibration controls that reduce noise and protect against unnecessary harmonics
- Cooling is provided by either a demand fan (standard for Tier 4 Final machines) or a conventional cooling fan
- Ground level engine shutdown switch for safety
- Excellent high-altitude capability (see specifications for details)
- The steering linkage is designed to provide feedback to the operator
- The Cat king pin front suspension system maintains steering tolerances and tire alignment
Cat trucks provide powerful, fade-resistant braking for off road applications, and G Series introduces new ways to extend your brake life.
- Rear brakes are wet disc while the front are dry, caliper type
- Slope holding capability benefits from all wheel parking brake actuation
- Brake life can be extended by choosing the optional Cat Engine Brake
- Additional springs in the design reduce wear and increase service life
- A brake wear indicator keeps you informed of maintenance timing
- Extended life brake material is available for extreme applications
At Caterpillar, we know that our truck is critical to your business, that’s why we use industry leading technology to ensure maximum machine availability and reliability.
The benefits are far reaching and economical
Fuel and Emissions
- There are multiple fuel saving strategies on the 773G, two are economy modes that are adjustable to meet your unique production needs
- For the U.S., Tier 4 Final emission controls are conveniently low maintenance and are transparent to the operation of the truck
- Operator noise is reduced by 50% using sound suppression technology in the cab
- A rubber liner option for truck bodies reduces noise levels for both the operator and spectators
- Cat Reman parts are an economical alternative to new
- You can extend tire life using TKPH/TMPH, a feature that calculates tire loading
- Castings and box section frame construction absorb shocks and distribute loads
- A new rear axle housing holds new, robust differential gears that compliment the power and torque increases of the truck
- Hydraulic oil filter life is extended to 1,000 hours under normal conditions
- Autostall enables quick operating temperatures for best performance and life
- Delayed engine shutdown prevents hot shutdowns that can reduce component life
Tier 4 Final
Caterpillar’s simple solution is transparent to your operators, controls emissions and increases fuel efficiency.
- Two engine-mounted diesel oxidation catalyst canisters control particulate matter
- Our NRS Technology replaces a portion of intake air with exhaust gas to control combustion temperatures and Nox production
- Precise, extremely fine atomization of fuel under all load conditions
As you work for a more sustainable business model, the Cat® 773G can contribute in more ways than one.
Connecting people and equipment safely
The 773G is solidly constructed for safety.
- Rollover and Falling Object protection is part of the cab structure
- Emergency egress is available through the right-side hinged window
- Laminated glass is used in the front and left side windows
- Ground level engine shutdown for convenience and safety
- A back up alarm gives advance warning of truck movement
The 773G provides operators with full shift comfort and safety features.
- Fully adjustable and suspended seat
- Integrated three point safety belt
- A trainer’s seat with lap belt facilitates on-the-job task training
- Audible warnings signal events, and fluid level monitoring is available from inside the cab
- In some instances, the truck will automatically derate engine power for safety
Job Site Safety
- Speed limiting on the haul is new and more efficient than gear limiting
- Secondary steering in the event of power loss
- Speed limiting during body up operations
A Focus on Personnel
The 773G is designed to minimize hazards associated with working on and around this truck.
- Ground level daily check points
- Low effort, integrated access system with hand rails for three points of contact
- Aggressive tread plate on all step areas, and lighting for after dark
- Folding windshield washing platform offers solid footing for cleaning the windshield
Confidence and Control
Confident operators will move material quickly, efficiently and profitably.
- Brake design updates increase slope holding capability and include a brake wear indicator
- Wet disc braking for rear wheels; dry disc braking on the front
- Automatic Retarding Control for downhill grades
- New traction control system
The 773G supports your site safety plan with excellent visibility to the job site.
- Work Area Vision System (WAVS) is a camera system that enhances visibility behind the truck
- Lighting and mirror packages are available to suit your site conditions
Operator Work Environment
Productivity from comfort, confidence, control
The Advisor display and VIMS™ software are important reporting tools that help you analyze:
- Productivity, haul road efficiency, operator skill
- Fuel use, cycle times, idle time
- Machine health and events
The comfort of your crew will contribute to their productivity and awareness on the job.
- Easy, low effort access to the cab
- Ergonomic, intuitive controls
- Left side power window
- Automatic temperature control inside the cab
- Throttle lock convenience for long uphill climbs
- The cab is spacious with window area that supports visibility
- An integrated footrest provides comfort and support
- Sound suppression provides a quieter work environment
- The cab is isolation mounted reducing noise and vibration
- Lighting package options to meet operation needs
- Automotive quality shifting from new APECS transmission controls
Confidence and Control
Strong, predictable performance will help your operators achieve the lowest cost per ton.
- Automatic Retarding Control reduces operator effort and controls braking on downhill grades
- Performance and health information at a glance using well lit gauges and the Advisor Message Display
- Steering performance from a design that maintains tire alignment
- Stopping power from fade-resistant brakes - purpose built for off road applications and the loads carried by the 773G
- Traction control is now steering sensitive and uses the service brakes to control wheel slip. The result: faster activation and improved response to wheel slip
- Visibility is excellent with extensive mirror options, large window areas.
Cutting Your Fuel Costs
A strategy for lowering your cost per ton
- Standard Economy Mode - G Series has the ability to adjust engine power based on your site, fleet and economic conditions. You can manually control fuel burn by adjusting the power down between 0.5 and 15 percent.
- Adaptive Economy Mode - New for G Series - this economy mode requires a baseline for production from you using the Advisor display. As the truck transits the haul cycle, it is constantly evaluating its ability to meet your baseline in a reduced power setting. Where full power is needed, full power is applied, where reduced power works, reduced power is applied. It’s fully automatic with no special operation required.
The 773G introduces several key fuel conservation features:
- Auto Neutral Idle - as the 773G idles in a forward gear, the transmission will automatically slip in and out of a neutral state to avoid stalling the torque converter and increasing fuel consumption.
- Engine Idle Shutdown - when your G Series truck is in park and idles for more than a preset time, the truck will initiate engine shutdown to conserve fuel. This feature can be time adjusted or turned on or off according to your specific needs.
- Speed Limiting - while you can continue to gear limit your G Series trucks, Caterpillar offers speed limiting that allows the truck to travel at a more fuel efficient engine speed and gear selection.
- Transmission Controls - New APECS transmission controls increase fuel efficiency by maintaining momentum and speed on grade.
Efficient application of power and technology
G Series introduces benefits to your fleet when running in wet conditions by introducing a more responsive traction controls system.
- The system is steering sensitive to determine slip from high speed turns
- The system engages at slower speeds returning traction sooner
- The system engages sooner in the slip, potentially reducing tire wear
- The system modulates instantly between the two wheel groups for control
- Using the hydraulic service brakes facilitates the instant modulation and responsiveness
The 773G will haul your material faster and more efficiently with increases in power and new APECS transmission controls.
- A 5% increase in power improves cycle times and grade climbing performance
- New APECS transmission controls carry more torque through the shifts, producing faster cycle times and the possibility of climbing grades in a higher gear
For your applications and material types
The Rubber Liner
This important factory-installed option will prolong body life in hard rock applications.
- Available for the dual slope and flat floor bodies
- It will reduce shock loading for both the operator and truck
- It absorbs noise, reducing both spectator and operator sound levels
- The rubber liner is not a good option for wet, sticky material
- The rubber liner should not be used with our body heat option
In the event that your material is light weight, we offer factory-installed 150 mm (6 in) sideboards to help you achieve rated capacities. You can use our “Body Selection Guide” as a reference for selecting the correct body type and liner package. Cat dealers can order this document using reference number AEXQ0673.
Dual Slope Body
If your haul profile includes steep slopes, the dual slope body offers excellent material retention.
- The dual slope has a SAE 2:1 heaped capacity of 35.20 m3 (46 yd3) with a steel liner configuration
- 400 BNH steel on interior surfaces offers excellent wear characteristics
- Material is carried low and centered for stability
- A single 16 mm (0.62 in) steel liner option is available for this body
- A single rubber liner is available for this body
Flat Floor Body
If you’re feeding a crusher, the flat floor body is an excellent choice for metering material.
- The flat floor body also offers excellent material retention and stability
- 400 BNH steel is used on internal surfaces for wear protection
- A single steel liner option is available
- A rubber liner is also available for this body
Our truck bodies are engineered to compliment the chassis and built to haul your material for years of trouble-free performance. In fact, Cat truck bodies are designed to let the truck perform at peak efficiency by correctly centering and distributing the load. Outfitting your truck body with a steel or rubber liner may be advisable based on material type and application. If you have questions about body selection or applying liners, your Cat dealer has the tools and knowledge to help you with this decision process.
Simple, more cost-effective solutions
Service Centers - Electrical Connections
This bumper-mounted electrical service center provides the convenience and safety of ground level access to important service tasks.
- Ground level access to VIMS data
- Ground level access to an ET port
- Includes a master disconnect switch
- Engine lockout switch
- Hydraulics lockout switch
- Breaker access
G Series introduces updates that will increase the life of your brakes.
- A brake wear indicator is new and standard
- Design improvements are increasing separation forces to lessen wear and increase brake life
- With all new hydraulic system efficiency, your filter life is extended to 1,000 hours
- Cab air filter life can also be extended with the optional cab precleaner.
- Our engine oil filters are improved, and in some cases extending life beyond 500 hours
Service Centers - Fluid Fill
You will save both time and money using the optional fluid fill service center.
- Fill and extraction for all fluids in one location
- Key pad indicates existing fluid levels
- Includes all oils, coolant and fuel
- Conveniently located at ground level
- Lighted for night time use
For comprehensive fleet management, Caterpillar offers Product Link solutions. This solution is a combination of machine-mounted hardware and software called Vision Link. You can access fleet information either through cellular or satellite channels. These channels may be restricted and unavailable in some countries. Customers who use Product Link are remotely monitoring machine health and organizing service requirements.
Nominal Payload Class (100%) 61 tons Top Speed – Loaded 41.6 mph Body Capacity – SAE 2:1 46.75 yd3 Maximum Working Payload (110%) 67 tons Not to Exceed Payload (120%)* 73.1 tons Engine Model Cat® C27 ACERT™ Rated Engine Speed 1800 RPM Gross Power – SAE J1995 775 hp Net Power – SAE J1349 717 hp Net Power – 80/1269/EEC 724 hp Net Power – ISO 9249 724 hp Bore 5.4 in Stroke 6 in Displacement 1648 in3 Engine Power – ISO 14396 762 hp Net Torque 2944 ft-lb Peak Torque Speed 1200 RPM Forward 1 6.6 mph Forward 2 9.3 mph Forward 3 12.6 mph Forward 4 16.8 mph Forward 5 22.8 mph Forward 6 30.7 mph Forward 7 41.6 mph Reverse 8.7 mph Differential Ratio 3.64:1 Planetary Ratio 4.80:1 Total Reduction Ratio 17.49:1 Brake Surface – Front 257 in2 Brake Surface – Rear 9497 in2 Brake Standards ISO 3450:1996 Fuel Tank 210 gal Cooling System 45 gal Differentials and Final Drives 38 gal Steering Tank 9.5 gal Steering System (Includes Tank) 14 gal Brake Hoist System 85 gal Brake/Hoist Hydraulic Tank 46.5 gal Crankcase 24 gal Torque Converter/Transmission System HRC 18 gal Torque Converter/Transmission System LRC 16 gal Pump Flow – High Idle 118 gal/min Relief Valve Setting – Raise 2502 psi Relief Valve Setting – Lower 500 psi Body Raise Time – High Idle 10 Seconds Body Lower Time – Float 14 Seconds Body Power Down – High Idle 14 Seconds Rear Axle Oscillation 8.1 Degrees Empty Loaded Cylinder Stroke Front 9.2 in Empty Loaded Cylinder Stroke Rear 5.8 in Standard Tire 24.00R35 (E4) ROPS/FOPS Standards Standards Sound Standards Standards Turning Diameter – Front 77.1 ft Steering Standards SAE J1511 FEB94 ISO 5010:1992 Steer Angle 31 Degrees Turning Circle Clearance Diameter 85.6 ft Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight 226503 lb Struck 35.13 yd3 Heaped 2:1 (SAE) 46.76 yd3 Struck 34.33 yd3 Heaped 2:1 (SAE) 46.41 yd3 Front Axle – Empty 53 % Front Axle – Loaded 35 % Rear Axle – Empty 47 % Rear Axle – Loaded 65 %
- POWER TRAIN
- Cat C27 ACERT Tier 4 Final diesel engine: - Air cleaner with precleaner (2) - Air-To-Air Aftercooler (ATAAC) - Electric start - Engine idle shutdown - Ether starting aid - Exhaust muffler
- For Tier 4 regions only (U.S./Canada): - Aftertreatment system: • NOx Reduction System (NRS) • Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) - Demand fan - MEUI-C fuel system
- Braking system: - Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) - Manual retarder (utilizes rear oil cooled, multiple disc brakes) - Brake release motor (towing) - Dry disc brakes (front) - Front brake disconnect switch (front) - Oil-cooled multiple disc brakes (rear) - Brake wear indicator (rear) - Parking brake - Secondary brake - Service brake
- Transmission: - 7 speed automatic powershift with: • Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC) • Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) - Automatic neutral idle - Autostall - Second gear start
- SUSPENSION SYSTEMS
- Suspension, front and rear
- Alarm backup
- Alternator, 120 Amp
- Autolube power supply ready
- Batteries, maintenance-free, 12V (2), 1,400 CCA combined
- Electrical system, 25 Amp, 24V to 12V converter
- Lighting system: - Backup light (halogen) - Directional signals/hazard warning (front and rear LED) - Engine compartment light - Headlights, (halogen) with dimmer - Operator access courtesy lights - Side profile lights - Stop/tail lights (LED)
- Service center containing: - Battery jump start - Breakers with spare fuses - Lock out switch - Ports, ET and VIMS - Service lockout switch (power without engine start)
- TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS
- Economy Modes, standard and adaptive
- Product Link, cellular or satellite
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Truck Production Management System (TPMS)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS)
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Advisor display: - Fluid level monitoring - Fuel level monitoring - Display languages (market based)
- Air conditioning/heat
- Automatic temperature control
- Ashtray and cigarette lighter
- Coat hook
- Cup holders (4)
- Diagnostic connection port, 24V
- Entertainment radio ready: - 5 amp converter - Speakers - Antenna - Wiring harness
- Foot rest
- Gauges/indicators: - Brake oil temperature gauge - Coolant temperature gauge - Engine overspeed indicator - Fuel level - Hour meter - Speedometer with odometer - Tachometer - Transmission gear indicator
- Hoist lever
- Light - courtesy
- Light - dome
- Mirrors, non-heated
- Power port, 24V and 12V (2)
- Rollover Protection (ROPS)/Falling Object Protection (FOPS)
- Seat, Cat Comfort Series III: - Full air suspension - Retractable 3-point seat belt with shoulder harness
- Seat, training with lap belt
- Steering wheel, padded, tilt and telescopic
- Storage compartment
- Sun visor
- Throttle lock
- Window, hinged, right side (emergency exit)
- Window, powered, left side
- Windshield wiper intermittent and washer
- Engine crankcase
- Extended life coolant to -34° C (-30° F)
- Grouped ground-level filters
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Body down indicator
- Body safety pin (secures body in up position)
- Center mounted rims
- Fuel tank, 795 L (210 gal)
- Ground level battery disconnect
- Ground level engine shutdown
- Ground level grease fittings
- Operator Maintenance Manual (OMM)
- Rims 17 × 35
- Rock ejectors
- Secondary steering (electric)
- Tie down eyes
- Tow hooks (front)/tow pin (rear)
- Vandalism protection locks
- Body heat
- Body liner
- Body side boards
- Cab precleaner
- Cat Engine Brake
- Clustered grease fittings
- Cold weather packages
- Extended Life Brakes
- Fluid fill service center
- HID lights
- Mirrors, convex
- Mirrors, heated
- Spare rim
- Visibility package (meets ISO 5006 requirements)
- Wheel chocks
- Work Area Vision System (WAVS)
- POWER TRAIN