G Series represents a new era for this size class from Caterpillar. With your input, we have designed and manufactured a truck that is reliable, economical and offers comfort, confidence and control for your operators. Your long-term success is our goal; with G Series trucks, we’re on the right road.
- Standard & Optional Equipment
For your sound sensitive environments
- The XQ package reduces the 777G’s spectator noise level to 112 dB(A) using both the ISO 6393 and ISO 6395 test procedures. This test result has an accuracy of plus or minus 1 dB(A).
- This package includes a noise reduced Cat C32 engine, panels that enclose the engine compartment and sound reduction material within the radiator cowl.
- Sound reduction material in the cab is standard on the truck.
Mud Protection Package
For sticky, muddy environments
A mud package that encloses the engine compartment will help protect against sticky, difficult material.
Simple, more cost-effective solutions
Service Centers - Fluid Fill
You will save both time and money using the optional fluid fill service center.
- Fill and extraction for all fluids in one location
- Key pad tells employees current fluid levels
- Includes all oils, coolant and fuel
- Conveniently located at ground level
- Lighted for night time use
Service Centers - Electrical Connections
- The convenience of ground level access to VIMS data
- Ground level access to ET port
- Master disconnect switch
- Engine lockout switch
- Hydraulics lockout switch
- Breaker access
G Series introduces several brake system updates:
- A brake wear indicator is standard
- Additional internal springs increase separation forces to increase life
Connecting people and equipment safely
A Focus on Personnel
The 777G is designed to minimize slips and falls, providing firm footing and stability.
- Ground level daily check points
- Low effort, integrated access system with hand rails for three points of contact
- Aggressive tread plate on all step areas with lighted access for after dark
- Integrated windshield washing platform
Confidence and Control
Confident operators will move material quickly, efficiently and profitably.
- Wet Disc Braking is standard on all four corners of the truck
- Four corner park brake for slope holding capability and brake wear indicator
- Automatic Retarding Control for downhill grades
- New traction control system
The 777G supports your site safety plan with object detection.
- Visual or audible warning of people or objects close to the machine
- A combination of cameras and radar to identify potential hazards
The 777G is solidly constructed for safety.
- Rollover and Falling Object Protection is part of the cab structure
- Emergency egress available through the right-side hinged window
- Laminated glass is used in the front and left side windows
- Ground level engine shutdown
- Back-up alarm
Providing features that fit your operators’ needs.
- Fully adjustable and suspended seat
- Integrated three point safety belt
- Trainer seat with lap belt facilitates on-the-job task training
- Audible warnings for Events and fluid level monitoring
- Automatic derate of the engine possible on some events
Job Site Safety
Safety is a key to hauling productively.
- Speed limiting on the haul is new and more efficient than gear limiting
- Excellent visibility with mirror and lighting options
- Secondary steering in the event of a shutdown
- Speed limiting during body up operations
Operator Work Environment
Productivity from comfort, confidence, control
The comfort of your crew will dictate their productivity and awareness on the job.
- Easy, low effort access to the cab
- Ergonomic, intuitive controls
- Left side power window
- Automatic temperature control inside the cab
- Throttle lock convenience for long uphill climbs
- The cab is spacious with window area that supports visibility
- An integrated footrest provides comfort and support
- Sound suppression has decreased noise by 50%
- The cab is isolation mounted reducing noise and vibration
- Lighting packages illuminate both to the side and front of the vehicle
- Automotive quality shifting from new transmission controls
Confidence and Control
Strong, predictable performance will help your operators achieve the lowest cost per ton.
- Automatic Retarding Control reduces operator effort and controls braking on downhill grades
- Performance and health information at a glance using well lit gauges and the Advisor Message Display
- Solid steering performance from a design that maintains its integrity
- Stopping power from fade-resistant brakes - purpose built for off road applications and the loads carried by the 777G
- Traction control is now steering sensitive and uses the service brakes to control wheel slip. The result: faster activation and improved response to wheel slip
- Visibility is excellent with extensive mirror options, large window areas and object detection.
The Advisor display and VIMS software are important reporting tools that help you analyze:
- Productivity, haul road efficiency, operator skill
- Fuel use, cycle times, idle time
- Machine health and Events
The benefits are far reaching and economical
Fuel and Emissions
- There are substantial fuel saving strategies on the 777G
- Two fuel economy modes can be adjusted to meet your daily production needs
- For the U.S. and Canada, Tier 4 Final emission controls are available two years ahead of schedule
- Operator noise is reduced by 50%
- Spectator noise levels can be lowered up to 50% with the optional “XQ” package
- Remanufactured parts are an economical and eco-friendly alternative to new
- Extend tire life by using the TKPH/TMPH feature that calculates tire loading
- A mud protection package is available to help keep power train components clean
- Castings and box section frame construction ensure long life
- A new rear axle housing adds strength and enables axle filtration and lubrication
- Hydraulic oil filter life is extended to 1,000 hours under normal conditions
- Autostall enables quick operating temperatures for best performance and life
- Delayed Engine Shutdown prevents hot shut downs that can reduce component life
Tier 4 Final
Caterpillar’s simple solution is transparent to your operators, controls emissions and increases fuel efficiency.
- Two engine-mounted diesel oxidation catalyst canisters control particulate matter
- Our NRS Technology replaces a portion of intake air with exhaust gas to control combustion temperatures and Nox production
- Precise, extremely fine atomization of fuel under all load conditions
As you progress towards a more sustainable business model, the Cat 777G can help.
Cutting Your Fuel Costs
A strategy for lowering your cost per ton
- Standard Economy Mode - G Series can save fuel by adjusting engine power through this newly adjustable economy mode. Adjust the power based on your site, fleet and economic conditions. The power can be reduced from 0.5 to 15 percent.
- Adaptive Economy Mode - New for G Series - this economy mode requires a baseline for production from you using the Advisor display. As the truck transits the haul cycle, it is constantly evaluating its ability to meet your baseline in a reduced power rating. Where full power is needed, full power is applied, where reduced power works, reduced power is applied. It’s fully automatic with no special operation required.
The 777G introduces several key fuel conservation features:
- Auto Neutral Idle - as the 777G idles in a forward gear, the transmission will automatically slip in and out of a neutral state to avoid stalling the torque converter and raising engine rpm.
- Engine Idle Shutdown - when your G Series truck is in park and idles for more than a preset time, the truck will initiate engine shutdown to conserve fuel. This feature can be time adjusted or turned on or off according to your specific needs.
- Speed Limiting - while you can continue to gear limit your G Series trucks, Caterpillar offers speed limiting that allows the truck to travel at a more fuel efficient engine speed and gear selection.
- Transmission Controls - New APECS transmission controls increase fuel efficiency by maintaining momentum and speed on grade.
Efficient application of power and technology
G Series introduces benefits to your fleet when running in wet conditions by introducing a more responsive traction controls system.
- The system is steering sensitive to determine slip vs. high speed turns
- The system engages at slower speeds returning traction sooner
- The system engages sooner in the slip, potentially reducing tire wear
- The system modulates instantly between the two wheel groups for control
- Using the hydraulic service brakes facilitates the instant modulation and responsiveness
The 777G will haul your material faster and more efficiently with increases in torque, new transmission controls and higher travel speeds.
- A 7% increase in torque puts more power to the ground
- New transmission controls carry more torque through the shifts, producing faster cycle times, most noticeably on grades
- An increase in travel speed in 7th gear also helps generate faster cycle times
Long Term Value and Durability
Proven components for reliable performance
The backbone of the 777G is its frame. Our frames are designed for off-road integrity and are built for more than one life cycle.
- We strategically apply castings with box section construction to manage off-road stresses
- A new front frame design increases the approach angle on ramps and grades
- A new robust rear axle housing supports the truck’s performance increases
Cat trucks provide powerful, fade-resistant braking for your off road applications. G Series introduces new ways to extend brake life.
- Additional springs in the design reduce wear and increase service life
- All four corners have wet disc braking standard (front brake lockout no longer an option)
- Slope holding capability benefits from all wheel parking brake actuation
- Brake life can be extended by choosing the optional Cat Engine Brake
- A brake wear indicator keeps you informed of maintenance timing
- Extended life brake material is available for extreme applications
- Front struts use our proven king pin design for effective absorption of haul road shocks
- Rear suspension cylinders have been inverted to minimize contamination
Planetary Powershift Transmission with APECS Controls
- New APECS controls are delivering performance improvements
- Torque shift management allows the truck to power through shift points
- Part throttle shifting provides an exceptionally smooth ride
- ECPC electronically controls clutch pressures for long life
Updated Cat C32 ACERT
- For the 777G, the engine and torque converter are producing 7% more usable torque giving the truck new performance levels and quick haul cycles
- Cat MEUI™ injectors provide high pressure, fine atomization for fuel efficiency and load response
- Low pressure fuel lines from the tank to the engine simplify service
- The C32 is carefully balanced with vibration controls that reduce noise and protect against unnecessary harmonics
- Cooling is provided by either a demand fan (standard for Tier 4 Final machines) or a conventional cooling fan
- Ground level engine shutdown switch for safety
- Excellent high-altitude capability
- The steering linkage is designed to provide good feedback to the operator
- The Cat king pin front suspension system maintains steering tolerances and also tire alignment
At Caterpillar, we know keeping your trucks running is critical to your business, that’s why we use industry leading technology to ensure maximum machine availability and reliability.
Not only proven, but continuously improving with the latest technical advantages and efficiencies.
No matter your material type
Dual Slope Body
If your haul profile includes steep slopes, the dual slope body offers excellent material retention.
- The dual slope has a heaped capacity of 60.2 m3 (78.8 yd3) in its standard configuration
- Two sizes of side board are available to increase capacity for lighter weight materials
- 400 BNH steel on interior surfaces offers excellent wear characteristics
- Material is carried low and centered for stability
- A single 16 mm (0.62 in) steel liner option is available for this body
- A single rubber liner is available for this body
If you’re feeding a crusher, the flat floor of the X Body is an excellent choice for metering material.
- The X Body also offers excellent material retention and stability
- 400 BNH and 450 BNH steel are used on internal surfaces for wear protection
- Two steel liner options are available for the X Body
- A rubber liner option is also available
The Rubber Liner
This important option will protect your truck’s body in hard rock applications.
- Available for the dual slope and X Bodies
- Suppresses noise and vibration to the operator
- Suppresses spectator noise
- Prolongs body life in high impact, hard rock applications
For lightweight materials, Caterpillar offers coal bodies of varying capacities.
- Material density will dictate the recommended body size
- 400 BNH steel is used for long wear life
- Capacities include:
Our bodies are designed to offer you the best possible performance, longevity and value by taking into consideration tire life, the truck’s center of gravity, load distribution targets and power train design.
Nominal Payload Class (100%) 98.4 tons Top Speed – Loaded 41.7 mph Body Capacity – SAE 2:1 83.8 yd3 Maximum Payload (110%) 108.2 tons Nominal Payload (100%) 98.4 tons Not to Exceed Payload (120%)* 118.1 tons Engine Model Cat® C32 ACERT™ Gross Power – SAE J1995 1025 hp Net Power – SAE J1349 916 hp Net Power – 80/1269/EEC 916 hp Net Power – ISO 9249 916 hp Bore 5.7 in Stroke 6.4 in Displacement 1959 in3 Cylinders 12 Engine Power – ISO 14396 1008 hp Engine Speed 1800 RPM Net Torque 3899 ft-lb Peak Torque Speed 1200 RPM Forward 1 6.8 mph Forward 2 9.2 mph Forward 3 12.5 mph Forward 4 16.9 mph Forward 5 22.9 mph Forward 6 30.7 mph Forward 7 41.7 mph Reverse 7.7 mph Differential Ratio 2.736:1 Planetary Ratio 7.0:1 Total Reduction Ratio 19.1576:1 Brake Standards ISO 3450:1996 Brake Surface Area – Front 6331 in2 Brake Surface Area – Rear 15828 in2 Fuel Tank 300 gal Cooling System 63.4 gal Steering System (Includes Tank) 14.1 gal Brake Hoist System 85 gal Brake Hoist System (Includes Tank) 117 gal Crankcase 28.7 gal Differentials 59.9 gal Final Drives (each) 20 gal Fuel Tank 350 gal Torque Converter/Transmission System 36.5 gal Pump Flow – High Idle 120.9 gal/min Relief Valve Setting – Raise 2750 psi Relief Valve Setting – Lower 500 psi Body Raise Time – High Idle 15 Seconds Body Lower Time – Float 13 Seconds Body Lower Time – High Idle 13 Seconds Rear Axle Oscillation 5.4 Degrees Empty Loaded Cylinder Stroke Front 2.9 in Empty Loaded Cylinder Stroke Rear 2.5 in Standard Tire 27.00R49 (E4) ROPS/FOPS Standards Standards Sound Standards Standards Turning Diameter – Front 83 ft Steering Standards SAE J1511 FEB94 ISO 5010:1992 Steer Angle 30.5 Degrees Turning Circle Clearance Diameter 93 ft Target Gross Machine Weight 363000 lb Struck 54.8 yd3 Heaped 2:1 (SAE) 78.8 yd3 Front Axle – Empty 46 % Front Axle – Loaded 33 % Rear Axle – Empty 54 % Rear Axle – Loaded 67 % SAE 2:1 for use with material densities less than 950 kg/m3 (1,600 lb/yd3) 165 yd3 SAE 2:1 for use with material densities of 1040-1160 kg/m3 (1,750-1,950 lb/yd3) 139 yd3 SAE 2:1 for use with material densities of 1160 kg/m3 (1,950 lb/yd3) 116 yd3 SAE 2:1 for use with material densities of 950-1040 kg/m3 (1,600-1,750 lb/yd3) 144 yd3 Heaped 2:1 (SAE) 83.8 yd3 Struck 56.3 yd3
- POWER TRAIN
- Engine idle shutdown
- Air-To-Air Aftercooler (ATAAC)
- Air cleaner with precleaner (2)
- Automatic cold mode idle control
- Electric priming pump
- Electric cold weather start (two starters and four batteries)
- Ether starting aid
- Exhaust, muffler
- Fuel filter/water separator
- Turbocharger (2)
- Braking system: - Brake wear indicator - Automatic Retarder Control (ARC) (utilizes oil-cooled, multiple disc brakes) - Brake release motor (towing) - Manual retarder (utilizes oil cooled, multiple disc brakes) - Oil-cooled, multiple disc (front/rear) - Parking - Secondary - Service
- Transmission: - Auto neutral idle - APECS Software - ECPC
- Part Throttle Shifting: - 7 speed automatic powershift with Torque Shift Management electronic clutch pressure control - Body up shift inhibitor - Directional shift management - Downshift inhibitor - Neutral start switch - Neutral coast inhibitor - Reverse shift inhibitor - Reverse neutralizer during dumping - Programmable top gear selection
- SUSPENSION SYSTEMS
- Suspension, rear
- Alarm, backup
- Alternator, 115 ampere
- Auxiliary jump start receptacle
- Batteries, maintenance-free, 12V (4), 190 amp-hour
- Electrical system, 25 AMP, 24V to 12V converter
- Lighting system: - Backup light (halogen) - Directional signals/hazard warning, (front and rear LED) - Headlights, (halogen) with dimmer - Payload, indicator lights - Operator access courtesy lights - Side profile lights - Stop/tail lights (LED) - Service lights
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Air conditioning
- Ashtray and cigarette lighter
- Coat hook
- Cup holders (4)
- Diagnostic connection port, 24V
- Entertainment Radio Ready: - 5 amp converter - Speakers - Antenna - Wiring harness
- Gauges/indicators: - Brake oil temperature gauge - Coolant temperature gauge - Hour meter - Tachometer - Engine overspeed indicator - Fuel level - Speedometer with odometer - Transmission gear indicator
- Heater/defroster (11 070 kCal/43,930 BTU)
- Auto temp control
- Fluid level monitoring
- Hoist lever
- Horn, electric
- Light - dome
- Light - courtesy
- Load counter, automatic
- Advisor display
- Foot rest
- Mirrors - heated
- Power port, 24V and 12V (2)
- ROPS cab, insulated/sound suppressed
- Cat Comfort Series III: - Full air suspension - Retractable 3 point seat belt with shoulder harness
- Steering wheel, padded, tilt and telescopic
- Storage compartment
- Sun visor
- Throttle lock
- Window, right side, hinged access/egress
- Electric left side window control
- Windshield wiper (intermittent) and washer
- Tinted, laminated glass
- TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS
- Product Link Ready (Level 1)
- TKPH/TMPH (Tons Kilometer Per Hour/Tons Mile Per Hour)
- Object Detection (4 cameras, 4 radars)
- Adaptive economy mode
- Engine crankcase
- Fan and A/C
- Extended Life Coolant to -35° C (-30° F)
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Body mounting group
- Body safety pin (secures body in up position)
- Body down indicator
- CD ROM parts book
- Center mounted rims
- Fuel tank (1136 L/300 gal)
- Ground level battery disconnect
- Ground level engine shutdown
- Ground level grease fittings
- Reservoirs (separate): - Brake/hoist - Steering - Transmission/torque converter
- Rims 19.5 × 49
- Rock ejectors
- Supplemental steering (automatic)
- Tie down eyes
- Tow hooks (front)/Tow pin (rear)
- Vandalism protection locks
- Wiggins fast fuel
- Traction Control System (new version)
- Attachment Zone
- Body heat
- Body liners
- Body side boards
- Cab precleaner
- Cat Engine Brake
- Clustered grease fittings
- Cold weather packages
- Extended Life Brakes
- Fluid fill service center
- HID lights
- Mirrors, convex
- Mirrors, heated
- Spare rim
- Visibility package (meets ISO 5006 requirements)
- Wheel chocks
- Work Area Vision System (WAVS)
- POWER TRAIN